1. OUR POLICY
At Canadian Adventure Camp, we’re committed to accessibility. It is our policy to ensure that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full and equal access to our digital offerings.
2. THE STANDARDS WE STRIVE TO MEET.
Canadian Adventure Camp and our digital offerings strive to meet the following accessibility standards: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 A & AA, PDF/Universal Accessibility (PDF/UA) to ensure our digital offerings are ADA Compliant.
3. WHAT WE ARE DOING TO MEET THE ABOVE STANDARDS.
Here are just some of the many ways that Canadian Adventure Camp and our digital offerings are accessible and meets the above accessibility standards:
- Descriptive alt text is assigned to every meaningful image on our website. Our website is navigable without a mouse, by keyboard only.
- We use a focus indicator to highlight interactive elements on our website.
- Closed captioning is auto-generated on all videos on our externally hosted YouTube channels.
- Text transcripts for all video and audio are auto-generated on our externally hosted, YouTube channels.
- We ensure that all text to background color contrast meets a 4.5:1 ratio.
- We include a skip navigation link on all pages of our website.
- We strive to maintain a consistent and predictable layout throughout our website.
- We only integrate and link to third-party apps, scripts, and websites that are meeting WCAG 2.0 AA standards.
- All code created by our website developer (or 3rd Party developer if applicable) is put through an ADA Compliance testing process to ensure compliance prior to publishing.
- Beyond our existing remediation measures, we continually review our website (internally and independently) to ensure we adhere to best practices in web accessibility.
4. HOW WE INCORPORATE THE ACCESSIBILITY MEASURES LISTED ABOVE.
To ensure Canadian Adventure Camp digital properties are accessible, we have taken the following steps:
- We have appointed an internal web accessibility coordinator to oversee all of our digital operations and ensure they are accessible.
- We will conduct monthly in-house audits to handle support requests and maintain our digital offerings in an accessible manner.
- As many offerings on the Canadian Adventure Camp are microsites or content provided by 3rd parties, we have that they must also abide by the same ADA Compliance Standards used by Canadian Adventure Camp.
- All 3rd party content is included in our annual audits. Negative results are passed on to the content providers for remediation within reasonable timeframes.
- In 2021, and going forward, the sites will be included in annual audits.
- We invite feedback from all users of our website to improve accessibility.
5. ADA STANDARDS WE MEET AND/OR EXCEED.
Through our genuine and good faith commitment and devotion to accessibility, we believe we not only meet but exceed the digital accessibility requirements imposed by Title I, II, & III of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and have implemented the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level A & AA (WCAG 2.0 A & AA) as its web accessibility standard.
6. YOUR FEEDBACK IS WELCOME.
Canadian Adventure Camp is committed to accessibility and we are always seeking to improve. If you know of a way we can improve, we’d love to hear more. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. HELPFUL ADA RELATED RESOURCES.
For more information on web accessibility and legal requirements, here are some helpful resources:
Canadian Adventure Camp Website Accessibility Policy v1 Date: April 15th, 2021